Now that I have your attention, let's dive in.
Photography should be fun. If you are a hobbyist, you are likely still having fun with your photography. If you are trying to go from part-time to full-time and replace your day job, you are likely having some fun and also experiencing the pains of the transition at the same time. And finally, if you are are a full-time photographer and are no longer having fun, it could be time to re-focus (no pun intended).
Photography as a business is just that. It's a business. Business can get in the way of having fun because there are so many other things that have to be done like marketing, billing, editing, buying gear, renting gear, taxes, survival, overhead and OH, don't forget the shooting. I mean shooting is while you really feel in love with photography in the first place...right? or maybe your passion is the editing side of photography? But don't forget to HAVE FUN!
Photographers are supposed to be people oriented unless you are a product photographer in which case you still have to deal with people. The people you work with as clients, in front of your camera or just everyday in general should see that you love what you do without you having to say it.
Grant it! We all have up and down days, but if you are not having fun at what you are doing on a regular basis, it's time to re-discover the FUN in your photography or find something else to do with your time.
Don't give up because you can be a full-time pro and have fun. Like any business, it's not easy. So hang in there and keep the fun in your photography and let your passion shine through.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- 5 Quick Tips To Building Any Small Business Not Just For Photography & Video - November 14, 2017
- Canon C300 Mark II – Cannon Tutorials Plus Two Bonus Videos - August 13, 2017
- Functions Of The Canon 5D Mark IV – 4 Part Video Series - August 13, 2017
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017