Karl Taylor is one of my favorite photographers. He does a great job with educational material as it relates to photography. I have written about Karl previously on my blog, but today is worthy of a new post because of his latest blog post "Photography Lighting – The Basics."
In the post Karl shows examples of Hard Light, Soft Light, Transmitted Light and Reflected Light. He provides text to go along with his examples to help the reader better understand what he is showing examples of. Karl closes the post with his "6 Top Tips For Working With The Best Light."
To become a better photographer, understanding and using light properly is a key part of that journey. It has been my greatest personal challenge with photography. As a professional, I still continue to study and experiment with light.
I have included a video below that is embedded in the post. You can find Karl's full post by visiting Photography Lighting - The Basics. To learn more about Karl Taylor and his photography courses, please be sure to visit Karl Taylor Photography Masterclass. FYI, I am not an affiliate of his products and don't even know if that's an option. I simply love his work.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017
- Your Photography & Video Pricing Strategy For 2017 In The Raleigh NC Market - January 15, 2017
- The Magic of One Light with Joel Grimes - December 28, 2016
- Profoto D2 – The world’s fastest monolight with TTL - December 28, 2016