I am in the process of developing Social Media workshops not just for photographers but anyone using images and video on the web. Photography and video are only to continue to grow and knowing how to use them both effectively in the Social Media world will be critical.
The two key points of this post are remembering to use text with your images/videos and making connections using social media.
1) Use text effectively when you post images or video:
A doggy daycare shows up in my Facebook account all the time with images and video but they are rarely using text. When they do use text, it is not really descriptive. Grant it, search engines are getting smarter, but you should still use text especially descriptive text with keywords like this: "Look at Bandit, a beautiful Belgian Malinois, playing with Dakota, a 2 year old Black Lab, at XYZ Doggy Daycare in Raleigh, North Carolina." Don't just post the image or video without saying something about it especially keywords that could help the image or video get found easier.
2) Use Social Media to make connections with people by being genuinely interested in them:
I watched the complete interview which is awesome by the way. After watching it, I found his Facebook page and LIKED it. I then went to Twitter and found Glyn there and sent him an @ message on Twitter about watching the interview, liking his Facebook page and following him on Twitter. Guess What? Glyn replied within an hour on Twitter and ended up following me on Twitter.
There is no guarantee that everyone you take these steps with will respond back, so I don't recommend doing this simply in hopes of getting someone to LIKE, Follow or Communicate with you. That was not my #1 motive for reaching out to Glyn. I truly enjoyed his interview on KelbyTraining.com.
My motive for posting this is to help you improve your own social media efforts not for Glyn Dewis to stay better connected with me by mentioning him in this post. If that happens, that's an added bonus. The #1 thing that can come out of this post is you taking actions on your social media efforts that you may not have taken before reading this.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- 5 Quick Tips To Building Any Small Business Not Just For Photography & Video - November 14, 2017
- Canon C300 Mark II – Cannon Tutorials Plus Two Bonus Videos - August 13, 2017
- Functions Of The Canon 5D Mark IV – 4 Part Video Series - August 13, 2017
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017