There is a saying that the best way to make money at photography is to sell your gear. My take on that is that photography, like any real business, is not easy.
If you want to make it as a photographer, don't give up on your dream. If what you are doing is not working, you should try something new. I am not saying fly by the seat of your pants and hope something finally sticks if you just keep trying things out.
Create a plan, work the plan, put in a lot of hours, give it some time (weeks even months not days) and then re-evaluate what you are up to. FYI, just because the photographer around the corner is doing Google paid ads does not mean that you will have similar success. There are multiple variables in marketing. With photographers, it will come down to the appeal of your portfolio to the perspective client.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017
- Your Photography & Video Pricing Strategy For 2017 In The Raleigh NC Market - January 15, 2017
- The Magic of One Light with Joel Grimes - December 28, 2016
- Profoto D2 – The world’s fastest monolight with TTL - December 28, 2016