If you are sell, sell, selling on social media, how's that going for you? My guess is that if most of your posts are about CALL ME TODAY! HERE'S MY SPECIAL OFFER, TODAY ONLY! that you may not be getting the kind of results that you had hoped for on social media.
Yes, as a photographer, I share my work, talk about the shoots that I'm on, post regular updates about my business and it may tick some people off. However, I try to completely avoid the CALL ME TODAY! type of posts. Ideally, I'd like to attract people with my content and through relationship building.
I think relationships are built through liking, sharing, commenting in a positive way and interacting positively with others on social media. I don't think relationships are built by whining about politics, what side of the gun debate you are on or how bad your life is.
Social media is about relationships. You don't build relationships by being a sour puss and constantly selling.
If you have been successful at outright selling on social media, please email me at David [at] dwppc [dot] com. I'd love to hear more about it.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017
- Your Photography & Video Pricing Strategy For 2017 In The Raleigh NC Market - January 15, 2017
- The Magic of One Light with Joel Grimes - December 28, 2016
- Profoto D2 – The world’s fastest monolight with TTL - December 28, 2016