I believe in only making gear purchases when it's in the budget and can be done without causing undue mental stress and financial hardship. I also believe that it can be stressful for photographers to pay too much attention to what other photographers have when it comes to gear. There will always be someone with something nicer, so avoiding gear envy will save a lot of wasted time.
My first venture into Profoto lighting will be with the Profoto B2 Two Head Kit System. It is on its way from Profoto to Southeastern Camera in Raleigh as of this post and should be in this week.
I'm looking forward to the portability because most of my larger projects are offsite not in the studio. Since I also travel around the US, including International travel, I'm looking forward to having a lighting system that is very lightweight and extremely portable that will also go far beyond my Canon 600 speedlites. Although my speedlites will still serve a purpose and remain in my Think Tank camera bag, my goal is to maximize the use of the Profoto B2 kit.
I have watched all of the videos that I'm sharing in this post and it's hard not to get excited about this new lighting system. It's phenomenal to say the least and all the reviews that I have seen are stellar. NO, I'm not super excited about the financial investment, but I am super excited about how this system will benefit my (our) business.
Being a full time professional that wants to continue to expand, equipment purchases are simply part of being in business. In the case of the Profoto B2 system, it's an investment not just simply a wasteful purchase. It will get put to good use very soon.
Check Out All These Awesome Videos Below:
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Corporate Video Production Including Events: Raleigh NC To Nationwide Plus Travel Tips - November 21, 2017
- 5 Quick Tips To Building Any Small Business Not Just For Photography & Video - November 14, 2017
- Canon C300 Mark II – Cannon Tutorials Plus Two Bonus Videos - August 13, 2017
- Functions Of The Canon 5D Mark IV – 4 Part Video Series - August 13, 2017
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017