Product photography on a white background is not as simple as it may seem. It's more than just snapping the shutter and getting the magical shot in camera. The white, for example, is not always a pure 255 white straight out of the camera in every corner of the image. If white is not lit properly, it will start to look gray.
The image above has been edited to really bring out the details that you see above in the product as well as making sure the white is a pure 255 white because the image will be used on Amazon and 255 white is a requirement. Post production editing is a critical part of product photography. Unless you know something that I don't know, post editing of products is a must to get the best possible image.
I remember seeing a YouTube video that said the post editing of one product took 3 1/2 hours to complete. Sure, not every product will take that long to edit, but as a photographer, if you just charge based on snap, snap, here's your image, you will either have a very unhappy client or you will be losing your shirt editing the images.
If you are reading this and looking for a product photographer, make sure that you not only like the work you see in the photographers portfolio, but also that the photographer you are speaking with actually sounds like he or she knows what they are talking about. If the photographer doesn't ask many questions and says, Yes, Yes, Yes, No Problem, No Problem, No Problem to everything you are saying, you should continue exploring your options. A good product photographer will ask questions and share ideas of how he or she plans to help make your product stand out.
If you liked this post, please use the social icons below to SHARE IT.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Corporate Video Production Including Events: Raleigh NC To Nationwide Plus Travel Tips - November 21, 2017
- 5 Quick Tips To Building Any Small Business Not Just For Photography & Video - November 14, 2017
- Canon C300 Mark II – Cannon Tutorials Plus Two Bonus Videos - August 13, 2017
- Functions Of The Canon 5D Mark IV – 4 Part Video Series - August 13, 2017
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017