Scroll down for text and some candid shots from the workshop.
I held a lighting workshop at our North Raleigh Studio today just off of Six Forks Road. The workshop was 3 1/2 hours long and went very fast. I covered various modifiers like soft boxes, strip boxes, brolly boxes and umbrellas. I even broke out a beauty dish at the very end which was how the shot above was taken.
Most of the lighting was focused on an indoor studio setting using one to four lights; however, we did venture outside to use a one and two light setup. The key to outside is balancing daylight and strobe together. Although overpowering daylight will creative a different look and can be very effective.
I am not sure when I will offer another workshop like this one or the second workshop to compliment this one, but I do offer one-on-one training by the hour that is great for new or part-time photographers. If you are interested in a workshop or would like to learn more about one-to-one training, please feel free to use my online contact form.
Check out some of the candid shots below from the lighting workshop. You can tell that it's both fun and educational.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Corporate Video Production Including Events: Raleigh NC To Nationwide Plus Travel Tips - November 21, 2017
- 5 Quick Tips To Building Any Small Business Not Just For Photography & Video - November 14, 2017
- Canon C300 Mark II – Cannon Tutorials Plus Two Bonus Videos - August 13, 2017
- Functions Of The Canon 5D Mark IV – 4 Part Video Series - August 13, 2017
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017