It's amazing how many people reference the dentist office when showing up for a headshot. However, after a few snaps of the camera and a view of some of the images that are being captured, the comparison to the dentist quickly goes away.
There are no drills, no staff in medical attire and no hands in the mouth. The studio strobes are a quick burst of light, but it's better than the dental light shining constantly.
I get it. Most people do not want to be in front of a camera any longer than they need to. That is one reason that I have created a very efficient system at our North Raleigh Studio that is designed ideally for headshot clients.
Headshots are a core specialty of ours. Our studio is not designed for large families, brides, etc. As a matter of factor, our focus is on commercial and corporate work including headshots used for LinkedIn profiles and other professional use. Although the majority of individuals that come to use for a headshot are business professionals, we do have individuals come to us who need acting headshots which are shot tighter than business headshots.
The headshot below was taken outside our North Raleigh Studio on a rainy day. It was actually raining when I took the shot below. I was able to still take the shot because of an outdoor overhang that we have outside our studio. The lighting is so vibrant because I use strobe lighting balanced with daylight along with shallow depth of field to create a headshot that is vibrant.
If you are interested in a headshot, please call 919.723.8453 or use our online web form.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017
- Your Photography & Video Pricing Strategy For 2017 In The Raleigh NC Market - January 15, 2017
- The Magic of One Light with Joel Grimes - December 28, 2016
- Profoto D2 – The world’s fastest monolight with TTL - December 28, 2016