Sadly, I didn't even know about Canon Professional Services until a friend of mine mentioned it. I'm not sure how I missed that one. However, I am so glad that I joined. My first experience was wonderful and I have no regrets.
I qualified for the Platinum level based on the amount of Canon gear that I own. You can find out about the various levels by visiting the CPS website.
Here's My First Experience....
When I was shooting in Tampa, my camera slipped from the strap and hit lens first into the asphalt. Thankfully, I had a UV filter that took the hit and the filter glass shattered on the asphalt.
The incident above happened on a Friday. The following Monday morning I called Canon CPS and got Liz. She was extremely helpful and within minutes I received an email with an OVERNIGHT FedEx label to send both my camera body and lens to Canon with the shipping paid for by Canon.
Canon received my gear on Tuesday morning and I had a quote for the repairs around lunch time. The camera body was fine and the lens repairs were 30% off because I'm a Platinum CPS member.
Amazingly, both pieces were shipped back out to me via overnight FedEx (paid for by Canon) on Tuesday and I had the gear by 10:30 a.m. Wednesday to use on my afternoon shoot.
There are other awesome details not included above, but I wanted to share the key highlights.
What a great experience! As a full-time professional commercial photographer, my gear is critical. Thanks to the CPS program, I can rest a little easier now.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Canon C300 Mark II – Cannon Tutorials Plus Two Bonus Videos - August 13, 2017
- Functions Of The Canon 5D Mark IV – 4 Part Video Series - August 13, 2017
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017
- Your Photography & Video Pricing Strategy For 2017 In The Raleigh NC Market - January 15, 2017